New refund policy takes effect fall 2017
We have simplified our refund policy. The new policy will take effect at the start of the fall 2017 term. Students taking 5 or fewer credit hours who have opted to pay the transportation fee in order to get a parking permit will have through the 14th day of the term to return the permit to the Parking Office for a 100% refund. After the 14th day no refunds will be given.
You must RETURN the permit that has been assigned to you to the Parking and Transportation Services Office in order to initiate a refund.
Upcoming Parking Lot Closures and Events Can Be Found on Our Facebook
Be Prudent and Help Reduce Campus Thefts
Theft on college campuses is often a crime of opportunity — somebody takes advantage of an unattended cell phone, an unlocked door or a laptop visible in the window of a parked car.
Please help yourself by taking an extra moment to secure your belongings:
- In the library, if you step away from your table, take your laptop with you.
- Lock the door to your dorm room, even if you only intend to leave for a minute.
- In the Recreation and Wellness Center, lock your items in one of the locker room lockers.
- In your car, tuck items of value out of sight. Do not leave money, electronics, etc. within view.
- Resident students and overnight parkers should relocate their vehicles every few days.
The University aggressively pursues those caught stealing. Last year, all students who were found responsible for theft were suspended by the University, while non-students charged with theft were aggressively sent through the criminal justice system.
UA will continue to do its part to help reduce the occurrences of theft. Please do your part by being thoughtful about how you store your belongings.
Roo Express Bus Tracking System
The University of Akron’s Parking and Transportation Services Department has added a GPS system to the Roo Express shuttle buses that provides real-time location data. Students, faculty, staff and visitors can use a computer or mobile device to track the Roo Express Shuttle bus at any of the bus stops on and around campus!
DoubleMap App features:
· View buses in real time on the map and know when your bus will arrive.
· View specific routes and associated stops.
· Allows you to easily identify the buses with color coded bus routes and abbreviated route letters.
· Announcements concerning shuttle delays, cancellation of service due to weather, re-routing or changes in route stops can be viewed easily.
· Compatible with smartphones (FREE app), laptops and desktops.
· Easily submit feedback on services or technical issues.
For information regarding DoubleMap visit http://www.uakron.edu/parking/roo-express/doublemap.dot or email us at email@example.com.
Vehicle Towing Policy:
Any vehicle parked within the perimeter of a construction area may be towed at the owners expense by the construction company.
Parking Services will tow a vehicle if it is parked in such a way that it blocks in another person's vehicle.
These cars are towed only when there is a signed complaint. A towing is performed without a signed complaint if the vehicle is leaking gasoline, suspected to be abandoned, or needs to be removed for some other valid reason.
If a vehicle is in an ADA accessible space without valid disability placard displayed, is displaying a forged, stolen, altered permit, or any other illegal activity, the UAPD may tow the vehicle.
Vehicles are usually towed to:
171 Kelly Ave.
Motorist assistance is offered through the UAPD. Should you need assistance, please call them at 330-972-7263.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.